Missing in Action

Sorry I have been M.I.A. for the last few weeks. I don't have an excuse, really. It's just that every time I sat down to this blog to write I couldn't think of what to say. My life seemed to explode a few weeks ago and I am just now putting the pieces back together.

The summary is:

  • My boyfriend and I broke up... then got back together 2 days later. It was a really emotional time... I'm glad its over. I don't particularly want to talk about it, but I thought I should mention it here.
  • I got certified to be an OTL leader. OTL is the outdoor club at my school. It's awesome because the club has an $18,000 budget for outdoor trips and gear, and as an OTL leader I can plan trips wherever I want and get the club's help in paying for it. I still haven't decided where I want to go first... any ideas? Particularly in the Southern California area?
  • My research is going really well this semester. I have had 4 experiments, each of which lasted over 12 hours including prep, and I have been able to get data from each of them. The experiments are technically difficult, but each one is getting easier as I'm learning the necessary skills. Hopefully if everything continues to go well this semester, this summer, and next school year my professor and I will be able to publish a paper before I graduate.
  • Classes are pretty interesting this semester. I love molecular biology seminar, cell bio is only okay, and so far neurobio is easy because it is mostly review. Neuropsych has yet to interest me, but I think that is because I am biased towards the biology side of neuroscience rather than the psychology side. My last class is Gandhi's India. It's really interesting, but I have decided that I don't particularly like Gandhi. I can respect some of his ideas/methods but generally he was just kind of a weirdo, and not a very likable one. Maybe my next post will be about my thoughts on him.
  • Oh! And I got my hair cut today. Unfortunately it isn't a particularly good haircut... the girl didn't listen to what I wanted and just kind of did her own thing. Fortunately I think I can get it fixed fairly easily; I might even be able to get it cut for free by a friend.
In the meantime life has settled down. I spent this weekend sleeping, watching Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip on DVD, cooking/baking, cleaning, reading and generally regrouping. It was a much needed rest, especially because I have several midterms over the next two weeks.

And I can't make any promises, but my plan is to post here more often.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Shayna Unaltered - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template