Religulous

So a movie is coming out in October called Religulous (religion + ridiculous = religulous). Here is the trailer:



Honestly? I want to see it. I think I will enjoy watching it. I think I will laugh and smile and have a good time, especially if I am a theater full of other atheists/agnostics/skeptics, etc.

Though I also think it would be entertaining to watch it with a bunch of Christians. I can imagine them laughing at first saying "Oh those Buddhists, how can they believe something so crazy?" But then the movie would start showing the ridiculousness in what Christians believe and they would get so offended. "Oh no! We are so persecuted! Atheists are so horrible!" (Sidenote: according to this Gallop poll, atheists are no longer the most hated group. Its now Scientology.)

It reminds me of a quote:
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-71)


More later... maybe I'll see the movie in a few months and write a review.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Shayna Unaltered - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template